Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kiki-a-go-go: Why the Ocean is Magnificent

I get to go to the ocean very, very soon.

I'm a different person at sea level for myriad reasons:
I breathe easier (no allergies?),I move well (sea level is good for RA?)...but it's more than just physical.

Near the ocean, I am simultaneously calm and thrilled ...it's the best feeling.
Clear head, optimism, ideas flowing, and so much vibrating energy to act on all of it.

Now -- on to the post!

Reasons Why the Ocean is Magnificent by Kiki

*Disclaimer: I offer no scientific data to support any of this, these reasons may only make sense to me haha

 1. Water 
Being around all that water, all that oxygen..Breathing feels different.

2. Water, part 2
The salt in the ocean water makes it even healthier. I like to just be in the ocean, I can feel all that salt water healing me. (( I have a dream of floating in the Dead Sea someday.))

3. Size
Being near something that I can't see the end of...does something to me.  This aspect is responsible for that great combination of peace and excitement.

I have this idea that it's because I am getting a sense of the power of God. (I get a similar feeling when I learn about stars/space. Interesting that people with all different belief systems are drawn to the ocean..I've heard people talk about mountains in this way.)


I predict a future post: Why Does Kiki Not Just Live at the Beach (YOLO, etc)?
:)


2 comments:

Hilldweller said...

Sigh. Amen, sister. One of life's ironies is that I'm stuck in the middle of a vast area of, shall we say, semi-arid land while my great heart and love is for the water (oarsman in college, water baby forever, enthusiastic SCUBA diver back when the time and money were available, you name it). And of course, we know that astrology is unscientific and unbiblical (maybe), but I do have four "planets" and midheaven in Scorpio, so water permeates me.

kiki said...

You know, I wonder about astrology, too...simply b/c we're cautioned about it.
And what were those Magi studying, anyway?


But YES to water. It's why the Shawshank zihuatenejo ending is so perfect and so appealing.