Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Episode 20 - ADD, the Latest Dates, IRL Possibilities, and the Best Dating Story Ever

Separated by topic, so you can scan and skip!

ADD
Recently diagnosed.
The psychologist was awesome, I could have hung out in her office and chatted all day. Her husband has ADD. She finished my sentences sometimes when I was describing how my life works.

She looked at my purse, and asked questions, and after a very fun (and funny) conversation (evaluation?), she said, in terms of a diagnosis:
"Yes, you are pretty classic. Maybe even more so, if that doesn't offend you."

Interesting:
She discussed some of the challenges that ADD brings to a relationship.
Even with a recently diagnosed son, and even with my tendency to lose days on the internet researching things that come into my life, I have not researched ADD. Apparently, I should.

DATES

Raymond
On the crazy site. He lives in the area. He goes to my gym and has seen me there (uh.....?).
While I don't think there's a love connection, he seems a decent fellow and I see no problem with meeting. Plus the whole local/gym thing, it will be weird if we don't.

We meet at a local restaurant. I feel like a real bar person, I love it. Sitting at the bar (I usually sit at a table) and drinking drinks and talking. He is handsome and fit, he shows me a picture of his Halloween costume (Chippendale. Not the Chipmunks, the strippers). I consider showing him a picture of my pug, but I don't.

He is intrigued by Christian morals, I try to explain the rationale as best I can. I tell him he oughta come to my church. So funny:  He has coworkers who go to my church and invite him all the time. I think, but don't say (b/c it would likely weird him out) "I think you're really meant to come to church, dude."
He is fun; we'll be friends.

Sal

Sal lives almost 1.5 hrs away. We meet in a city about halfway. He is kind, and smart, and gentle, and shy. Introverted. (Turns out he's IXTJ)

Conversation is fantastic:  So far in my dating, I have never met someone who can so succinctly explain really nuanced things: About faith, politics, illness, relationships.

The only thing lacking is chemistry.
My BFF says that chemistry can develop.
I have no idea if this is true, but he is worth spending time with to figure it out. I would want to communicate with him even if we weren't dating.


IRL Possibilities

There are 2 people I am running into IRL who are interesting and attractive and then my sister wants to set me up with this engineer she works with (she knows my weakness for brainy and geeky guys..) and maybe this is the way to go.

My friend just sent me a link to the earthquake tracking site, and I may only have a month and 8 days to get this whole thing done, you know, what with The End hurtling toward us with no regard to my singleness.

The Dating Story to Top Them All

A recently divorced person I know is dating now. Let's call him Everett. Everett isn't doing online, he is doing IRL, and seems to be meeting his dates mainly in bars (which he is questioning as a method).

So, so funny listening to him. His adventures would make a much better blog than mine.

The Best One, in which I honestly LOLed and sprayed a drink all over the counter:

Everett shows up at his date's house for their first outing -- a mutual friend set them up.
They're about to leave, and the phone rings. She answers, and after a few 'uh-huh's" and "yes"es...She starts sobbing uncontrollably.
When she hangs up, she lets him know. Her husband -- who is incarcerated -- had just tried to commit suicide. I guess he was being transported to the hospital.
She seems inconsolable. Everett -- who didn't know she even had a husband, let alone a convict one- is a bit speechless.
But turns out she's actually pretty consolable!! Whew! Big breath-- and she's ready to go! So where're they gonna go?? Perplexed, Everett ....complies...and it's "Chili's sound good?" And off they go!!

The End.

Like I said, my hat is OFF.
I can't even come close.









2 comments:

Hilldweller said...

Hah-HAH!

ADD makes a lot of sense. Must be interesting getting this intel at this point in your journey, but letting people know will likely make them more patient with you, which is always a good thing, no?

Compassion is better than annoyance or imagining that one's being overlooked by Ms. Kiki is a personal slight rather than a . . . feature of dealing with her.

Very well done, and as usual, well written.
;-)

kiki said...

LOL @ "a....feature of dealing w/ her"
hahaha
YES I try very hard, and I mean well, but....yeah.