Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Dating Kiki 2.0: Karl IRL

Impression after our first meeting? He's pretty cool.
  • Accomplished in his field
  • Great eyewear
  • We're the same MBTI type, ha!
  • The awesome Nepalese barista  at the coffee place knows him! Even took Karl to some exotic place for dinner. I said to the A.N.B, "Hey man, you take your coffee customers to dinner? When is it my turn?"

 ASIDE: 
Just look at how my flirting skills are improving!!!! 
To review:  ANB is that one w/ whom I had an extreme flirting fail earlier this year...went something like :

ANB:  Where have you been! I've missed you! (I'd been at training.)
Me:  (red face, brain exploding) Well, I didn't miss you!
ANB: (puzzled expression) Well....coffee of the day, then?
Me: (nods, avoids further eye contact)

Now just look at me. "When is it my turn?" followed by laughlaughlaugh. Practically asked him to dinner.   #SWAG , middle aged category

BACK TO KARL

We walked around DC for the duration of my lunch break, and then a little more. Time went superfast, even despite the fact that I didn't change out of my heels and my feet really hurt. ((Vanity, sheesh. ))

We are both interested in collaboration, people, personality assessment...that sort of thing.

He told me about a life goal of his that he admitted he's only told 1 other person! I felt very privileged. So in return, I told him an idea of how to keep that goal alive...an idea that I share with relatively few people.

Interesting conversation...and I hope we stay friends....but I'm not sure if there will be more 'dates'. 
#IAmPatheticButHeIsNotJasper  
In the meantime, we're now playing Scramble w/ Friends and Words w/ Friends. ( and I'm killing it, haha, but can't tell if he's just letting me win!)












No comments: