Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Joylist! Sept 2012

1. MY iPHONE
I love it so much I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.
And it's just a 4.
And I am probably only using it to 10% of its capability.
With it, I:

  • Call ppl
  • Play Scramble with Friends (I'm good compared to everyone but Cat)
  • Play Words with Friends (I'm pretty good)
  • Play Draw Something (Surprisingly terrible at this. Poor Miguel (only person I play) )
  • Listen to music
  • Check all my social media
  • Surf web
  • Connect to wifi's with ease
  • Hold it with one hand and text!
  • iMessage ppl w/ iPhones for free
  • EMOJI EMOJI EMOJI EMOJI
  • Use super cool new apps to get fit: RunKeeper and MyFitnessPal
  • Watch how I can prove how I feel, USING MY iPHONE:


2.  Related to 1 but deserving it's own point in this Joylist:
The app called "RUNKEEPER"

It uses the GPS in my phone to track how far I run, my avg pace, how many calories I'm burning.
Then it posts the data with a map of the run, and tweets a link! If I had a 'street team' we could all compete. I'm currently tracking their hashtag on twitter and considering asking random ppl to start a street team. I'm trying to get iPhone friends to use it, too.

My profile:
http://runkeeper.com/user/KikiGetsFit/profile
I can't adequately express how much I love this app. And no, Runkeeper isn't paying me either.


3.  These ppl I used to do Bible study with contacted me and want to start again. Out of the blue, and at just the right time.

4. Orchid highlights.
I got them. Jenni is the best. I still want to do an entry on her alone.
I'm getting such a mixed reaction to them.
Generally, young people and creative people love them.
Conservative people hate them.
I am not sure about how men feel about them, and for right now I don't care.
I think Cat and Lucas like them.
Me? I LOVE THEM.



5.  Here, this will help you when you make unusual hair choices, or just want to be yourself in a sea of dissenters, or are surrounded by d-bags, and probably other situations as well. You're welcome.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I'm a conservative, and I like the highlights, though I have been well introduced to Hair Creativity by my wife.

Tres excellent report, all around. I enjoy most of those apps on my iPad, although I confess to having an Android. Maybe the iPhone 5 down the road: I think that both my and my wife's contracts run out juuuuust about the time the currently crazy backlog will have died down.
;-)

Shannon said...

Noticed a flurry of runkeeper posts on fb. Will it at some point become true that runkeeper is driving the runs rather than the other way around? :)

By the way I liked your comments on an earlier post about selfishness. Looking into the mirror... :)

Hilldweller said...

Hah! Got it to recognize me this time, instead of doing the stupid "anonymous" thing above.

Just one more thing . . . .

The I don't know what men think about them and right now I don't care has a bit of methinks the lady doth protest too much about it. From the lack of updates, the Jasper and Karl iterations seem to have disappointed, for which I'm sorry.

The phone app sounds great for those who can have their phones with them all the time, and I'll check to see whether there's an Android version that my wife might be interested in. As usual, a great post, and thanks.

kiki said...

@Shannon It is ALREADY TRUE that runkeeper drives the runs!!! This same thing happened when I got a fitbit. And I had to go see which comments you meant re:selfishness. We willneed to take a walk (NO A RUN) to discuss this....

@Hilldweller While there *is* an Android version, I have a better idea: Just get your wife an iPhone!!! It beats the droid TO DEATH. And shoutout to Atypical Conservatives and Hair Creativity in general.

And a tiny annoying, but you mailed the man-opinion thing. (Jasper doesn't like them. It made me kinda sad. But I'm trying to not care. There, #RawTruth )

P.S. If you and your wife get the RunKeeper, let's be a Street Team!

kiki said...

*nailed not mailed.
What I mean is, you got it exactly right.

Which either means you are super perceptive, or I am woefully transparent.

Hilldweller said...

We're probably switching to iPhones when our contract renewal time come around March/February, by which time the current insane worldwide crush for the 5s should have moderated, God willing. Also gives them time to fix any soon to be discovered bugs.
;-)

Hilldweller said...

And yes to the Street Team idea. I was musing today with the idea that my wife would probably really, really like you.
;-)

kiki said...

@Hilldweller
PERFECT PLAN:
You & M get iPhones, Runkeeper, we become the best street team ever and basically rule.