Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

KikiiiiiDates Episode 16: Marcel - Sh*t Just Got Surreal

Words fail. Yet, for the sake of documenting my journey, and for my lovely blogger friends, I will try:

Marcel:  very kind, sensitive, and talented.
The date: After a bit of email, finally synched schedules and met at a bar/restaurant in the area.

Marcel IRL was friendly and courteous and very, very open. Shared very deeply, immediately.
*Here's where I seem like I'm flip-flopping on dating views because I've lamented lack of depth in other suitors.  But hold tight and read to the end.*
I started to feel uncomfortable with the depth. It's a little hard to explain.

It's just...well, I've never experienced so many tears on a first date.

Maybe it was the fact that I'd only had a few hours of sleep the night before, maybe it was the margarita, maybe it's just that my emotional maturity is that of 14-year-old boy sometimes...but,  I had to fight hard not to laugh inappropriately, just b/c I was so uncomfortable.

Every story ended with him pointing out the raised hair on his arms indicating the goosebumps, and accompanying tears. And me being awkward as hell and trying to think of words to say and  maybe eating a chip b/c I couldn't think of anything.

At one point, he was explaining a unique gift he has regarding interaction with animals,  and was describing a time when he hand-fed a butterfly some wine.

Things wrapped up shortly after.

My takeaway from this date: Myers Briggs, this guy's definitely an NF (Feeler). I'm a NF! I like NF's, they're interesting and open and loving.

But for eros love, I prefer NTs.
For instance, I like compliments from NTs because they are so RARE and so SPECIFIC and so HONEST.
I like their logical minds, because they are so DIFFERENT than my mind.
I like how they DON'T CRY.

On the way home, I talked about it w/ my mom, who is an awesome person to talk about dating with, btw.

Me:  I think it's just that sensitive men make me feel like I'm the man. I'm a tomboy!
Mom: (all matter of factly)  No, you're not a tomboy. You're just not a very compassionate person.
Me: ((LOLing for like a whole minute))
Mom: Well, you're not!

#TheTruthHurts  #ButItAlsoSetsYouFree








3 comments:

Hilldweller said...

This was wonderfully funny and very honest. Yeah, the truth often hurts, but what else are you supposed to do? Buy into some stupid lie and build it into your foundation for dealing with the world, truth be damned?

I think, uhh, NOT!

Onward, truth honoring one, and thanks yet again for sharing.
;-)

kiki said...

Thanks, Hill =)
And funny, this guy reminds me EXACTLY of a relative of mine...who has a very devoted, totally in-love-with-him wife.
Marcel's totally fine.
He's probably relieved he doesn't have to go out with the sarcastic tomboy again, haha.

Perennia said...

Boundaries, bro... boundaries. And if he was going on and on and oversharing about himself and crying on a first meet... narcissist much? Dunno, just my gut talking.

*goes back to reading the further developments*