Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Kikiiiiiii Dates! - Episode 175 - Percy

NOTE: I am blue. Blame it on hormones, barometric pressure, zodiac stuff, who knows. But you will hear a tinge of sadness in this one, and maybe next week I will be back to normal.

Percy  is seemingly perfect:
Smart, accomplished. Practicing, serious Christian. (In my phone, his last name is "Theologian" haha)

His MBTI is INTJ, which is the type that is my PowerMate.
((I'm ENFP. My perfect match is INTJ.  INTJ's are extremely competent, intellectual, driven. It's a well-documented thing that for reasons that are very counterintuitive, we adore each other. And it's a supposed excellent match; people say that an INTJ male- ENFP female couple can take over the world. I think it's b/c they can do anything, and all we do is somehow inspire them to it.))

Here are some other things:


  • He is tireless with the compliments. Turns out I may like this.


  • He is so gentlemanly:  He explained the paying-for-dates-rationale IN ADVANCE and in a way that made me kinda SWOON.  He said that it's a way of expressing intention and care. And men like to take care of things, and so I'm actually doing him a kindness to let him take care of things this way.
  • He knows more than I do about Scripture, which is cool. We can float references into conversation and just know the other person is familiar, so it makes it easier to debate. He's Calvinist, I think, which doesn't surprise me at all.


The Date

Met in a city nearby. He insisted on making it as close as possible to my house. He lives far away (1.5 hrs) and drove the bulk of it.

Turns out we have more in common: we eat very similarly.
And turns out no one is perfect.
Turns out we share some very important things on this first date, and it's going to take some time to process.


My sadness:

It's really bothering me how the Dating World is - ironically - so so so lonely.
And more about it bothers me, but I can't think how to say it just yet.


No comments: