Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

KikiiiiiiiiDates! Episode 15 Linus

LINUS

Met him at his house because he has the helmet and leather jacket for the bike ride.
((It's a myth that bikers wear those leather jackets to look cool. THey're actually for protection, and because it gets cold on a bike, fast.)) (( Look how far I've come! From taking my kid surreptitiously on Date 1...to just knocking on Date's door of his house! Probably should rein it in before I end up in a trunk, unscrewing their taillights to gesture for help out the hole....))

He is a laid-back, cool guy. He reminds me of the kind of guys who my kids' dad would have hung out with. Plus, don't know if I mentioned it, but he's very physically attractive.

We talked for a while...He was surprised at how trusting I am and I was surprised at how good-looking he is in natural light. He commented a few times about the trusting thing (because I came to his house and was willing to ride with him) (which made me think he was evil, then normal, then evil, then normal. Landed on thinking he was normal.) (Plus I text my mom with all relevant information before, during, and after dates.) (Plus I have a GPS tracking device in my phone.) (Plus I have a decent skill set which I am honing that helps me know when people are trustworthy or when they're not.)

He was very considerate (changed the seat out on the bike so I'd be comfortable, had a route in mind and a plan B for weather, had a good suggestion for dinner. Oh, and was hella cute.)

The ride was awesome, as all bike rides are. We tried to out-ride a little rain, and didn't. Even though it's dangerous, I actually liked riding in the rain. There was a huge rainbow out for the last half of our ride.

We ate dinner at a very unique place in his hometown, and the food and conversation - both great. Oh, and also great - the view of his face from across the table.
At the end of the date, we looked at photos of trips he goes on (he does very cool motorcycle trips to very cool destinations on a yearly basis).

And I'm sure you can hear the "But"...

But there was little depth to our interaction. And it's not our fault, I really don't think it is. It's the faith disconnect I've talked about.  I kept thinking, "Y U NO BELIEVE IN GOD YOU ADORABLE MAN?"
*sigh* Even so, I'd say yes to another bike ride.






1 comment:

Perennia said...

Huh, but was he cute?? More deets! ;)