Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Ravi



Another old myspace blog entry circa 2007.
And the comment is from the same Shannon who comments on this blog. Her comments improve/help me better understand everything. Note: She does this IRL for me, too. I wonder how many miles we've walked (around Centennial Lake, around neighborhoods)  so that we could poke and prod and draw out and correct and affirm some idea or another.
Prediction: Shannon will actually try and figure this out using logic now, and give an estimate here. And that estimate would probably be within 10 mi. or so.
Prediction 2: Shannon will cast doubt on my uncanny ability to predict things b/c I wrote it here, so it appears to be a challenge or that I gave her the idea. But if you're honest with yourself, Shannon, you will admit that you were thinking of a figure before you read the first Prediction. BE HONEST GEEZ. Now the blog.


RAVI

I love Ravi Zacharias. I love his ability to preach, I love his massive IQ, I love how he always talks about the movie " Chariots of Fire", Cissy and I  love how when a word ends with "s" he draws it out, for example, "Jesus Christ (dramatic pause) died for our sinssssssssssss."
I wanted to put an awesome quote here. But it's about 3 paragraphs long. And Cissy complains my blogs are too long to suffer. I want to summarize below: (C. is probably already clicked out of this by now hahaha)
It's this idea that Christians need to differentiate between our opinions and our convictions. Our opinions need not be foisted on anyone. And even our convictions--every conviction we hold should be undergirded by love.
He says that, without the undergirding of love, the possessor of any conviction becomes obnoxious, and the dogma believed becomes repulsive to the one who disagrees with it.
Jesus, of course, is the ultimate example. Instructing, convicting...loving.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

216.7 miles.

Just kidding!!!!!

Actually I was thinking about the emotional distance...I have this strong memory of me crying about something related to childlessness just on that little hill before the flat exposed stretch...that's a good memory...good to talk with you about things emotional and logical. :)