Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dating Kiki 2.0: Episode 7 - Felix Crashes and Burn

Review of Felix:current front runner.
former military. fun to chat with.
our plans last week got screwed up, and it was all very puzzling to me
wrote him an honest direct letter, which he never responded to.

We did have pleasant email exchanges and made plans to meet today. 

EXCEPT, mid-week, there was yet *another* ODD interaction:

1. Puzzling emails. Nice, making plans, but....off, somehow
2. I finally just asked him to call me (I'd had enough of trying to decipher the subtext of email messages. Just...enough.)  Like, CLARITY, NOW!!!
3. Wait for it....
4. HIS PHONE WAS BROKEN. It was at the Sprint store.
5. What a coincidence, I said.
6. He can not come up with a single idea of how to communicate with voice. Doesn't know any of his neighbors (what?), no webcam therefore no skype.
7. He has a knack for not quite answering even direct questions. His answers are replete w/ little inconsistencies.
8. He concludes that "it seems I don't trust him."
9. And then signs off.
10. Haven't heard from him since.

I ended up googling a little...and found that the picture he uses online is also used on other social networking sites, and they are all captioned w/ different dates. Like a variance of 6 yrs. (Does it matter? idk...)

NOTE: Online pictures are universally disingenuous, in that we all put our 'best shot' up...((we don't post the ones with our face contorted or where one eye is shut or where things appear to be bulging out of our clothes.))  But to put an old photo and caption it as recent.... seems dishonest to me. Maybe I'm being too harsh.

So, readers, help me out? What the heck could be the issue here? Make me laugh, make me cry, whatever...but any ideas?

My plan:
After I read/assimilate all of your valuable input, I'm going to pick myself up, note any lessons learned, maybe get a pedicure,  and soldier on with this experiment!





7 comments:

Perennia said...

Trust your gut. That is all. I'm sorry, Kiki darling. :( Suckage.

If he makes what feels like shady excuses, doesn't answer direct questions, and has inconsistencies of ANY kind on his profile or in the info he shares, it's NEXT. Creepy. Sounds like he's married or involved, maybe? Or worse. A PISCES. ;) I have had bad experiences with Pisces men, JMO, YMMV.

People will tell you EXACTLY who they are. We just have to be willing to hear it. I keep saying that. It keeps being true!

That parting bit about you not trusting him, sounds like projection to me. He knows that he's not trustworthy. So much better to know now than down the road.

I am proud of you - you're handling it well. Disappointing stuff. <3 xoxoxoxox.

Anonymous said...

Run away. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Run away and don't look back. Trust your gut--always. If the picture is used somewhere else, he's probably a scammer of some sort or just a BFL (big fat liar). You are too awesome to put up with this stuff. Look forward to the next new dating adventure with a smile and knowing you dodged a bullet. A BFL bullet. hehehe Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

My creep-o-meter is dinging wildly. Cut the line, friend. Then sit down and write a list of all of the things that you WANT in a partner. Put that firm image out there into the universe. Intention is the key! With intention, good things will happen.

J said...

he's a loser.
you are not.
moving on.
pretty much that simple.

kiki said...

LOVE YOU GUYS.
@Perennia: Projection, interesting..

@Carol DONE. And yes, I agree so much w/ your 'dodge a bullet' analysis.

@Anon Dinging creep o meter made me smile. And I've resisted making a list, but think I will consider it.

@J I love your comment that looks like wrote me a little poem =) And will do (have done,actually!!!)

I <3 you guys!!!!!!

Perennia said...

Yepper, agree to all of the above. Looks like we have consensus, folks!
Can't wait for the next installment! :D

Bedroom Paint said...

Hello Everyone
Luctor et Emergo
I admire this post! It’s nice to see many questions answered in a blog post like this.