Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

DK 2.0 Episode 9- Holden, Izzy, and Jasper

Holden

-curly hair, kind eyes
-was the front runner
-yes, you read that past tense correctly
-we had decided that "Yes, meeting is good!"
-never heard from him again.

Because of my friends (present readership , I am talking about YOU here), these are the kinds of things I think now when I get this low-level, oblique rejection:

Oh Well. This kind of thing happens. It's probably for the best.  Move on. NEXT!

I'd like you all to take special note:   Not a single self-doubting, insecure thought in the mix. You might not know how big a deal this is for me.
I feel like taking all the money I was ever considering spending on a therapist and taking you all on a cruise as a way to say "Thank You."

Izzy
 The Izzy section could be subtitled, "Don't Judge Me"

- really devoted father
- in email correspondence, mentioned his kid every 2 sentences
- you know, that thing we parents do when we mention every smart/cute/funny thing our little offspring says/does and we think we're being charming conversationalists
- plans to meet for coffee

On the free dating website, you can take a billion tests and answer a billion questions, and they make a personality assessment for you, a graphic that tells if you are "More" or "Less" various traits than ppl of your age and gender. One of my traits is that I'm "More Geeky" than women my age, and that's the trait that Izzy and I seem to connect on.

BUT, at the last minute, something comes up and he has his kid that night, and we have to cancel/postpone. 

I have typed and erased a joke sentence about how he was prob relieved, b/c he got to spend the evening w/ his kid instead....But I can't make the joke work and not sound mean...and the truth is, it's good if a guy is into his children!!! And I AM PRETTY POSITIVE I did that thing w/ my kids, too....and still do ....

Ugly confession time:

Even though there has been no date, conversations w/ guys w/ little kids has made me think.
Maybe I'm not up for dating someone with little kids. Or maybe casual dating is fine....just not aserious/committed relationship where there's a chance I could someday be "Stepmom Kiki."

 I used to think the Baroness in the Sound of Music was HORRIBLE when Max was asking her about the fact that the Captain had 6 kids, and she's like:

Darling, haven't you ever heard of a delightful little thing called boarding school?

And while I still think Maria is the best person ever, and I aspire to be her, I have a lot more grace toward the Baroness now. I mean, look at her awesome hair.



 Jasper


OK, this is unprecedented: I'm gonna hold these cards close to my chest for now.

Promise I'll tell more very, very soon.

I just wanted all of you to know that there is a Jasper.
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you for not internalizing and for not going to that place of self-doubt. Awesome!

Interesting you should mention the small kids thing. I have no problem dating men with kids, but I have noticed that trying to spend any regular time with someone who has small kids is a bust. And, I do believe the kids have to come first so I take no offense, but seriously--you have ONE free day a week to do anything with me? Eh, I'm not needy, but that isn't going to work out. LOL

Sound of Music reference...brilliant. :)

Perennia said...

Can it be an Alaskan cruise? I have always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise. :D


I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! I think your concerns about the Kidmaster guy are warranted. You've been there, done that. He's still there doing it (really Really doing it, from the sounds of it), and if you don't want to go through that again, don't!

I also wonder if he might be using his kid as a little human intimacy shield. If he is that kid-focused, maybe he isn't really looking for a relationship but dating because he thinks he should? The time he's spending talking about his kid, he isn't finding out about you or sharing of himself. Just a thought.

MWAH XOXOXOX
P has an opinion about everything.

Anonymous said...

Holden was probably afraid you'd be disappointed. Izzy may think all women find it endearing/attractive when a man dotes on his child. Jasper-we shall see!