Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DK 2.0 - Episode 8 Gregory


The Date, meaning the guy:
Gregory is a professor, uses words like "Luddite" in everyday conversation.

The Date, meaning the actual event,  in 10:

1. We meet in a nearby city.     Coincidence: He is right behind me at the parking garage.

2. The plan involves getting food, seeing a movie, getting more food.  Question: Why must there be so much food??? I have a certain way of eating now, and I know it's probably very irritating, and there is freaking gluten in EVERYTHING.

3. Talking in the 1st food place.  Observations:  1. I want to take my kid to this food place. 2. Compliments are tricky things.

4.  Movie = 947792734974 stars. I seriously almost can't take how much I love the movie. Funny:  I get shushed by the man in front of me. Me and L. (my other kid) seem to always be getting shushed/yelled at in movies.

5. 2nd food place is cool, too. Observation: He knows the server, he comes here a lot. Conversation is interesting and more personal than I expected.

6. We walk around. Nostalgia:  I used to live in this city and frequent this area, everything I see is making me feel wistful.

7. We discuss online dating in general. Funny:  He winds up giving me tips/advice about my online profile -- the image I'm creating, what it could attract. He's kind of self-promoting, assuming that I'd want to attract guys like him. But in all, it's very nice of him to counsel me. haha

8. The conversation continues.  Observations: He is a gentleman. There are some gaps between us....I won't go into details, but I can feel the gaps. At one point, he defines 'hyperbole' for me. I LOL. ("I know you're a professor and all, but I was a middle school lit teacher, and I know what hyperbole is, sir!") 

9. Walk back to garage, hugs and goodnights.  Realization: We almost don't make it back to the garage in time. I felt stressed, b/c I didn't want to talk any more tonight. I realize that is probably bad.

10. He emails a follow-up thank you. My response: I thank him for a lovely evening, making sure to include the word "hyperbolic" in my note. haha


The learning curve is still steep.
I still believe that Dating Kiki 2.0 is a beneficial activity.
Acquiring a Gentleman 2012 is still in Phase 1.


3 comments:

Perennia said...

1. Love your style, as always. Sounds like you had a great time! Seriously though, 2 food things in one date?

2. WHAT WAS THE MOVIE???

3. So he's maybe a wee bit, um... pompous? Unsolicited profile feedback and defining words for you, eh? For shorthand you could maybe re-dub him Captain Didactic? ;)

XOXOXOXOX

Perennia said...

Oh wait! Captain PEDANTIC! That's what I meant. Carry on.

kiki said...

You're so clever, Perennia...because either moniker could possibly work.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, ME AND PERENNIA USED THE WORDS "Moniker" "Didactic" and "Pedantic" IN CASUAL MESSAGES.

And he was actually very ...CONGENIAL. =) No, seriously. I shouldn't have made him sound otherwise. Now I feel REMORSEFUL.
OK, I'm immature, I know it.

Movie: Moonrise Kingdom. I can't speak about it without just saying, "Ah, ahhhh!!! Love!!!! AGAHSDLLJOIE!! "
Plan to blog about it. A life-changer.