Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Dating Kiki 2.0 - Updates (Bert, Elmer) and a Preview (Felix)

First, let's review:

Bert  - Stood me up kinda, work emergency. 
Elmer - The Most Interesting Man in the World, YOLO guy
Felix - On deck.  I have a strange, strong pull toward him. I may have already blown it.

Updates

Bert:  Communicating via the site. Very loose plans to connect ...never materialized. And today he "closed" me! (On this site, it means you won't be able to communicate anymore nor see past communication)  I LOL-ed.

Elmer: We're going to walk again! I don't know if there's any potential for a romance, but he's an interesting person, and I'm happy to spend more time with him.


Preview

NOTE: This is me, being really honest about mistakes. Like I said, I'm going to share the good, the bad, and the ugly. This would be classified under "the ugly", not like, hideously ugly, but...well, you can read and decide how ugly it is for yourself. 

Felix:  We have only talked online. SO MUCH RESONANCE. Keeping my feelings in check, b/c of the Online Persona Axiom. (irl > online). But I love chatting (typing/writing) with him. He's fun, and not boring.

We were supposed to meet this weekend, and it got confusing and didn't work out.  In my head, he 'stood me up'. I said "no" to 2 fun offers to clear out the day for Felix, and so when we couldn't connect, I was irritated. We kept missing each other online (neither of us like giving our # out, so we'd agreed to use the site for communication)

In my irritation, I may have mis-interpreted some things. 

OK, I admit it. I went back and read the chat, and I definitely filled in my own blanks in the conversation in a bad way. So my daughter, who is brilliant in the traditional IQ/SAT way and also in the Emotional Intelligence way, listened to the abbreviated account over Dunkin Donuts coffee, which  helped me sort it out. At her suggestion, I sent a message that (hopefully) explained my perspective a little better.

(And who knows if/how he'll respond. And so this may be a preview to absolutely nothing!)


1 comment:

Perennia said...

DUN DUN DUN. Keep us posted. Standing by.